A pulsed magnet reached 87.8 tesla The Earth’s magnetic field is one twenty thousandth of (.00005) of a tesla.
The united states national magnet labs (Gainesville – University of Florida, Los Alamos – LANL, Tallahassee – Florida State University) have most of the most powerful magnets in the world.
– The 45 tesla world-record hybrid magnet, which produces the highest
field of any continuous field magnet in the world.
– 60 tesla long pulse magnet (2 second pulse.)
– 35 tesla world record resistive magnet (Florida-Bitter design)
– 25 tesla, wide-bore magnet for magnetic resonance research
– 14.5 tesla, shielded superconducting magnet for ICR —
the highest field ICR magnet in the world
830 MHz (megahertz) spectrometer for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR),
with a 19.6 tesla superconducting magnet
900 MHz, 21.1 tesla ultra-wide bore NMR magnet — giving researchers
the largest experimental space to date