2011 should be the decisive market and production breakthrough for OLED technology in displays and lighting. By mid-2011 Erich Strasser expects global OLED production to have multiplied tenfold and promises numerous new, exciting products in the future. Strasser is very biased as he runs the site OLED-display.net.
What to expect :
* windows with transparent OLEDs (Organic Light Emitting Diodes) will be commonplace in a few years time: during daylight hours they are transparent – in the evenings the OLEDs become a source of light.
* Windscreens in cars will function similarly, allowing navigation information to be transmitted through transparent OLEDs.
* The lifespan of the OLEDs will double, and contrast and colors will improve significantly.
* In 2011, LG plans to offer a 31″ OLED 3D TV
* Samsung may have a rollable OLED TV within 24 months (by end of 2012)
var MarketGidDate = new Date();