* It’s a money war for engineers
* there is poaching of talent
* The number of tech-related jobs in San Francisco is near its record 34,000 in 2000
* Entrepreneurs and venture capitalists foresee growth in wireless apps, online gaming and clean tech
* A surge in tech hires in California could portend an upturn for the overall U.S. economy
Nearly 150,000 tech jobs are expected to be added this year, says Sophia Koropeckyj, an economist at Moody’s Analytics. In February, there were about 6.1 million tech jobs in the U.S., up 2.4 percent from a year ago. Yet there’s a lot to make up for: From the second quarter of 2008 through the first quarter of 2010, during the economic swoon, 308,000 tech jobs were lost.