Four agreements signed by Martin Aircraft at the Paris Airshow :
1. An agreement with Beijing Flying Man Science and Technology Ltd involves the parties working towards the future delivery of a Martin Aircraft package with an initial tranche of 100 manned Jetpacks, 50 unmanned Jetpacks, 25 static models and 25 simulators. It is noted that at this stage the agreement is a strategic co-operation agreement and any sales are dependent upon a successful supply agreement.
2. An agreement with Beijing Voyage Investment Ltd a subsidiary company of well-known Chinese-based AVIC International Holdings Ltd for the intended future delivery of manned and unmanned Jetpacks, simulators, and static models.
3. An alliance agreement with Czech Republic-based Martin Aircraft Company s.r.o. to establish a European sales centre for the Martin Jetpack.
4. An alliance agreement with New Delhi based M2K Group Ltd to establish a regional sales presents in commercially important India market.
The First Responder Jetpack will be our first commercial product and will be available for delivery from the second half of 2016. The cost of the aircraft will be around US$200,000 plus customisation.
Martin Aircraft Company plans to release the Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) version of the Jetpack, the Martin Skyhook for commercial sale in 2016.
The Martin Skyhook has several applications in the following areas:
* Heavy Lift VTOL
* Film Industry
* Movement of goods across difficult terrain or water
* “Mule Train” – an unmanned Jetpack to accompany a First Responder Jetpack to carry a load
Martin Aircraft will be launching the Martin Jetpack Experience by late 2016 . This will allow people to experience flying a Jetpack through a simulator ride and a closely controlled flight environment. The safety features of the Jetpack enable this to be a safe way to experience the thrills of a flight.
The system will have automated controls, ability for an instructor pilot to fly it from the ground and an automated landing system.
They are looking at various business models to deliver this experience as part of the hospitality and tourism sector.
The personal Jetpack will be available by 2017.
Type Class one microlight
Crew Single pilot
Height (m) 2.20
Width (m) 2.14
Depth (m) 1.75 (pilot module)
Aircraft empty weight 200kg (manned)
Max aircraft take-off weight 320kg
Payload at full fuel (Pilot + Equip weight) 120kg
Engine 200hp, 100hr TBO, low vibration
Fuel capacity 45 litre
Endurance (flight time) 30 minutes + Reverse
Maximum airspeed 40kts (74km/h)
Cruise speed 30kts (56km/h)
Ceiling 3,000 ft AMSL
Recommended cruise height 500ft and above per aviation authority regulations
Take-off wind limit 15kts gusting +/- 5kts (28km/h +/- 9km/h)
Fuel and oil Runs on automotive gasoline and 2 stroke oil
Starting Internal starter
Computer aided stability "Fly by wire", no-pilot-control-input produces a zero air-speed hover
Aircraft operating rules Daylight and visual flight only (Night vision operations possible)
Ballistic Parachute Ultra low level opening Ballistic chute integrated into the FCS and EMS
Pilot protection Protective pilot module and structural protection
SOURCE - Youtube, Martin Jetpack