Emerging Research Device Technology Candidates are to be evaluated. This is the list of devices being considered to go beyond CMOS.
– Nano-electro Mechanical Switches
– Collective Spin Devices
– Spin Torque Transfer Devices
– Atomic Switch / Electrochemical Metallization
– Carbon-based Nanoelectronics
– Single Electron Transistors
– CMOL / Field Programmable Nanowire Interconnect (FPNI)
The ERD/ERM TWGs recommended to the International Roadmap Committee:
Carbon-based Nanoelectronics to include carbon nanotubes and graphene. Additional resources should be budgeted and a detailed road map for ITRS created for nanoelectronics as promising technologies with targeting of commercial demonstration in the 5-10 year horizon.