Apple reports that when iPhone OS 3.0 arrives this summer, it will introduce over 100 new features, including the ability to:
* Search your iPhone
a flick to the left on the homescreen, a user can do a Spotlight search for items anywhere on the device
* Cut, copy, and paste
* Send photos, contacts, audio files, and location via MMS*
* Read and compose email and text messages in landscape
* A new Voice Memos app is included for recording and editing audio.
* The Calendar app gains support for Exchange, CalDAV, and .ics format external calendars
A beta version is available for use now.
Ars Technica provides detailed technical coverage.
The iPhone Ecosystem Statistics
* 17 million iPhones and some 13 million iPod touches have been sold in the last two years, for a total of over 30 million devices running iPhone OS.
* There are currently over 50,000 registered app developers, 60 percent of which have never developed for any mobile platform.
* The App Store currently has over 25,000 apps available, resulting in over 800 million downloads to date.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.