Cameco forecast – does not include Cigar Lake for 2013 and 2014
Cameco is Canada’s largest uranium company and they released their 2009 annual report Here are the highlights:
* 20.8 million pounds U308 produced in 2009, 20% increase from 2008
* 16.8 million pounds in Canada. Less 4 million pounds in Cameco report from the US and Khazakhstan.
* Expected 2010 production 21.5 million pounds of U3O8, or +3% from 2009
* expect Cigar Lake to begin production in mid-2013. Production outlook for Cigar Lake in the technical report at the end of first quarter 2010
* By 2011, Inkai (in Khazakhstan) is expected to reach production of 5.2 million pounds of U3O8 per year (our share 3.1 million pounds)
Previous estimate for 2009 looks good. 1200 tons to low for Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan declared 13,900 tons mined in 2009
2009 seems to have had about 51,000 tons of uranium produced for the world. Even just the Cameco US mines indicate there be more uranium prouduction growth in the US.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.