* FDA approval is expected this year (2010).
* The price hasn’t been established yet. However, we’re targeting for an annual consumer (end-user) price comparable with typical average annual expenses of people confined to wheelchairs.
* Based on our surveys and on precedents, we strongly believe that the ReWalk™ will be partially or fully reimbursable, depending on the region (country). (for health insurance)
ReWalk provides user-initiated mobility – leveraging advanced motion sensors, sophisticated robotic control algorithms, on-board computers, real-time software, actuation motors, tailored rechargeable batteries and composite materials.
ReWalk™ works with users – not just for them. Users walk with the assistance of crutches, controlling suit movement through subtle changes in center of gravity and upper-body movements. In addition to simplifying suit control, this user participation in mobility brings tangible health and emotional benefits. ReWalk™ is not just a vertical wheelchair – ReWalk™ restores the element of control over mobility so lacking for wheelchair users.
By maintaining users upright on a daily basis, and exercising even paralyzed limbs in the course of movement, ReWalk™ alleviates many of the health-related problems associated with long-term wheelchair use. In addition to relieving suffering, this has a real impact on healthcare costs – cutting yearly expenses almost in half, and enabling both insurers and individuals to redirect funds to other avenues
* All day usage
* Mobility – walking, sit-to-stand, stand-to-sit, climb stairs, ascending/descending slopes, driving
* Training – replacing other training equipment at home and at rehabilitation center
* Ability to use hand and shoulders (walking with crutches)
* Healthy cardiovascular system and bone density