* The George Whitesides’ laboratory has developed diagnostic devices made from patterned paper
* Patterns direct fluid into segregated areas where different analytes are detected simultaneously
* Paper printed with polymer channels forms a cheap and portable platform for detecting biological samples
* Low cost
* Easy to Use
* Supports Multiple Tests
* No Power Required
* Rapid Results
* Simple Manufacturing Process
17 Minute TED Presentation Video
More Details from the Powerpoint
* To use technology to solve global health problems
* Establish a stand-alone company that allows us to retain control of the technology and apply to the greatest social good
* Profits above a threshold net margin will be re-channeled into R&D to develop further applications of the technology
Liver Testing is Only the Beginning
* Dehydration testing for military and athletes
* Over-the-counter body function monitoring
* Rapid disease diagnosis in rural communities
*Water quality testing
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.