Laptops and netbooks will hold their marketshare, but tablets will grow and take marketshare from PCs.
The Forrester analysis does not include the increasing displacement of traditional desktop PC functions by smartphones, ereaders and gaming platforms (like XBox, Wii and Sony Playstation.)
The Toshiba AC100-114 has the following specifications :
* 10.1-inch netbook with NVIDIA Tegra T20 GPU chipset
* 512MB of RAM with a 16GB solid-state hard drive, an HDMI port, an SDHC card reader, WiFi b/g/n and a 10/100 ethernet port.
* 4-5 hour battery life
Dual-core ARM Cortex -A9 MPCore Processor
* Symmetric Multi-Processing support for blazing fast web browsing performance, improving load times and rendering of complex pages
* Processing efficiency of Cortex-A9 provides industry leading performance in lowest power envelope
Ultra Low Power NVIDIA Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
* Enhanced NVIDIA graphics technology, enabling full Flash acceleration for an uncompromised HD web browsing experience
* Next generation 3D rendering performance for the most compelling user interfaces and advanced mobile games
Full High Definition Multimedia
* Up to 1080p video encode/decode and support for HD Web streaming formats, such as YouTube HD
* Complete HW accelerated HD multimedia engine for visually stunning movie playback at lowest possible power
* Up to 12 megapixel camera sensor support
NVIDIA Low Power Management Architecture
* Effective power management techniques, such as dynamic voltage and frequency scaling, for ultra-efficient power consumption across all use cases
* Low-power design delivers over 140 hours audio and over 16 hours of HD video playback
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.