* world’s population of high net worth individuals (HNWIs1) grew 17.1% to 10.0 million in 2009
* Global HNWI wealth similarly recovered, rising 18.9% to US$39.0 trillion
* For the first time ever, the size of the HNWI population in Asia-Pacific was as large as that of Europe (at 3.0 million)
* Asia-Pacific HNWIs stood at US$9.7 trillion
* Europe’s HNWIs wealth was US$9.5 trillion
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.