* superconducting power cables reduce weight, reduce volume, save energy and lower operating costs
* Superconducting generators are being evaluated for onboard utility service
* Improved efficiency, smaller and lighter than conventional generators, eliminates and thermal cycling
* Currently finishing risk reduction technology development tasks, and subscale work
* 49,000 horsepower motor was tested for a large U.S. Navy
combatant ship, reduced ship weight by nearly 200 metric tons, and
will save close to $1 million annually on fuel
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.