Ad Support : Nano Technology Netbook Technology News Computer Software
1. Nuclear development in China has continued apace with the grid connection of a new reactor, the completion of a reactor building and a heavy forging deal.
* The third reactor (650 MWe) at Qinshan Phase II nuclear power plant was connected to the East China Power Grid just before midnight on 1 August. Qinshan II-3 is due to enter full commercial operation next year
* Another CNP-600 is also under construction at Qinshan, about one year behind, while four more are planned for the Changjiang site. Apart from two Areva EPRs being built at Taishan, the bulk of of China’s new build program is based on CPR-1000s, Westinghouse AP1000s and then larger domestic derivatives of this.
* Meanwhile in Fujian province, China Nuclear Engineering and Construction Corporation celebrated the addition of Ningde 2’s reactor dome – a full 68 days ahead of schedule, it said. This unit is a CPR-1000 slated to start commercial operation late in 2012
2. Japanese companies led by Tokyo Electric Power Co., which last month formed a venture to jointly bid for nuclear contracts, will target the Middle East if their strategy is successful in Vietnam.
“We learnt our lesson from our unsuccessful bid for the U.A.E. nuclear program,” Tsunehisa Katsumata said in an interview today in Abu Dhabi, which is hosting a two-day Japan forum. “We decided to set up a ‘one-stop shop’ because we understand that is what emerging-market countries need.”
Toshiba Corp. and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. are among six Japanese companies in the venture as the country aims to compete with France, Russia, Canada, and the U.S. in the expanding global reactor market. Toshiba said July 12 it plans to pursue nuclear power contracts in Saudi Arabia. Vietnam said in June it plans to build as many as 13 atomic plants with a capacity of 16,000 megawatts over the next two decades.
3. Tokyo Electric Power Company’s (Tepco’s) Fukushima I unit 3 is set to become the third Japanese nuclear reactor to load mixed oxide (MOX) fuel
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on Reddit, or StumbleUpon. Thanks
How to Make Money
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.