Cameco provided an update on Cigar Lake Uranium Mine for the third quarter of 2010
Cameco continues to target initial production in mid-2013 and ramping the production up to 5000 tons per year.
Cameco plans include:
* continuing to restore the underground mine systems, infrastructure and underground development areas so we can resume construction
* working to obtain regulatory approval of the environmental assessment that will allow the release of treated water directly to Seru Bay of Waterbury Lake
* beginning to freeze the ground around shaft 2 in preparation to resume shaft sinking
* implementing a surface freeze strategy we expect will shorten the ramp up period for the project by bringing forward uranium production (up to 10 million pounds) into the early years and improve mining costs and project economics
* continuing the surface drilling program designed to upgrade mineral resources
Cigar Lake is a key part of our plan to double annual uranium production to 40 million pounds by 2018 (up from 22 million pounds in 2010), and we are committed to bringing this valuable asset safely into production.
In the 3rd quarter of 2010 Cameco:
* substantially completed clean up, inspection, assessment and securing of the underground development areas
* completed freeze drilling and outfitting of the freeze holes at shaft 2, as part of our preparations to resume shaft sinking
* progressed remediation of the underground brine handling system to support freezing of the orebody and shaft 2
* increased pumping capacity to 2,500 m3/hr
* began backfilling of the 465 metre level
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Ocean Floor Gold and Copper
Ocean Floor Mining Company
var MarketGidDate = new Date();
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.