To use Trimensional :
1) Go into a room and turn out the lights (the darker, the better)
2) Turn the brightness all the way up on the phone’s screen
3) Place the phone within 20 centimeters (8 inches) of the object you wish to scan, then hit capture.
4) The phone will proceed to take four photos, each one lit from a different angle but the phone itself is held still.
5) Trimensional software will then combine those four photos into one 3D image.
You can scan an object using your iPhone and immediately export a printable STL file via email*. Within seconds, you’ll go from 3D scanning to 3D printing with no manual clean-up required.
Trimensional even has built-in methods to smooth the geometry of your scan and to ensure the exported model is made watertight by placing a closed rectangular back on the scan.
*3D Model Export is enabled through a one-time In App Purchase that lets you export as many 3D models as you like in STL, OBJ, or PLY format.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.