25th Anniversary Conference & Reunion Weekend
Google HQ in Mountain View, CA
June 25-26, 2011
Early registration prices end May 17th, in less than 48 hours:
Before May 17th 11:59 PM $225
Senior Associate membership + Banquet ($75) is $325
If you signup because of nextbigfuture please email
Desiree D. Dudley, Director of Development and Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know.
Foresight’s 25th Anniversary will kick off with a keynote presentation by James R. Von Ehr. Von Ehr is founder of Zyvex, the world’s first successful molecular nanotech company.
The conference will feature four panel discussions on:
• The Scientific Challenges of Truly Transformative Nanotech
• From Research to Application: How to turn innovation into success?
• Funding, Development & the Valley of Death: Transcending entrepreneurial challenges
• Jumpstarting a Career in Nanotech: How to make your move
With panel and plenary speakers including:
• Andrew Blelock, PhD – Head of Microscopy at Halcyon Molecular
• Ari Requicha, PhD – Founder of USC’s Molecular Robotics Lab
• Christian Schafmeister, PhD – Feynman Prize-winning builder of macromolecules
• Christine Peterson – President/Co-Founder of Foresight
• Luke Nosek – Paypal Co-Founder, Managing Partner at the Founders Fund
• Matt Francis, PhD – Rising synthetic nanochemistry star at UC-Berkeley
• Paul Saffo, PhD – Renowned NYT-published strategist and tech forecaster
• Rob Meagley, PhD – “Mad Scientist” CEO/CTO of ONE-Nano LLC
• Sir Fraser Stoddart, PhD – Creator of molecular switches and motors at Northwestern
• Thomas Theis, PhD – IBM’s Director of Physical Sciences
• William Andregg – CEO of Halcyon Molecular, Co-inventor of DNA threading tech
• William A Goddard, III, PhD – Director of CalTech Materials & Process Simulation Center
This special weekend celebration also features:
• a no-host informal reception Friday night at the Crowne Plaza Cabaña Hotel in Palo Alto
• our exclusive 25th Anniversary Senior Associates Banquet featuring “The Future of Foresight” on Saturday evening, at the Crowne Plaza Cabaña’s beautiful Cyprus Room
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.