1. 36 page presentation on Nautilus Minerals from Jan, 2011
* They are developing the ability to extract high grade material on one deposit and move to the next deposit 100kms away and extract ore in a matter of days
* they will be able to extract ore with minimal overburden, stripping and waste
* They are using robots to drill one mile below the ocean surface
* some of their deposits have over 30% copper
* They have been able to discover a new mineralized system every three days
* Production plan for Solwara project off of Papua New Guinea- 1.3 million tons/year containing 80,000 tonnes Cu and approx 150,000 – 200,000oz gold
* they are about 19 months from first ore
Deposits that used to be on the seafloor but are now on land in Canada are 2.5 billion tons of resources. The ocean should have over 10 billion tons
2. Nautilus Minerals is taking another step forward in the construction of its seafloor production system, proceeding with an order for the Subsea Slurry Lift Pump (SSLP).
The SSLP will pump high grade slurry from the bottom of the riser, at Nautilus’ proposed Solwara 1 project in the Bismarck Sea of Papua New Guinea (PNG), to a Production Support Vessel (PSV) floating approximately 1600 metres above. It is a key piece of equipment in Nautilus’ plan to produce commercial quantities of copper, gold and other metals from the deep ocean.
3. Nautilus Minerals has completed its 2010/11 seafloor drilling program, with the vessel, REM Etive, having demobilized in Singapore on May 16, 2011.
During the drilling program in the Bismarck Sea of Papua New Guinea, Nautilus completed a 99 hole diamond drilling project, for a total of 1475 metres.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.