I was at the Singularity University on Friday giving a talk on the most recent developments and capabilities in nanotechnology. (I will shortly have my presentation posted with an article. I saw a talk by Daniel Hillis while I was there The talk was very similar to a TED talk Danny gave at the end of 2010.
– cancer must be thought of as a “verb” instead of a “noun.”
– we are cancering all the time. It is only when the body’s defences are being overrun with a revolution of cancer that it is a problem
– the categorization of cancer by location makes no sense. It is like ordering a library by the color of the books. It is a holdover from infectious disease where it is useful
– the genome and DNA bases are a parts list. They are the ingredients for a restaurant
– Proteins are the dishes served the restaurant
– His group is making progress on blood biomarkers for colon cancer
– they are making progress towards other early detection that would not require dangerous procedures
– they are working on mice for proving out new ways for long term cancer intervention
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.