* Citizens with Medicaid are 30 percent more likely to have a hospital stay
* 35 percent more likely to have an outpatient visit to a doctor
* 15 percent more likely to take prescription drugs, compared to similar low-income citizens not enrolled in the program.
* People enrolled in Medicaid also see improvements in their finances
* They are 35 percent less likely to experience out-of-pocket medical expenses
* see a 25 percent decline in unpaid medical bills sent to collection agencies
* The program also reduces the number of unpaid bills owed to health care providers.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.