1. Inquirer – Nvidia has secured a 34.4 per cent share of the non-Ipad tablet market in the first quarter of 2011. Apple’s market share at 61 per cent, meaning that Nvidia essentially has a third of the remaining 39 per cent.
2. Nvidias quad-core Tegra mobile processor called the Kal-El will ship with high-end smartphones and tablets. The Kal-El is more powerful and actually consumes less power than the Tegra 2, Huang said. The company is also working on a unified chipset that includes both a modem and an application processor that will go into lower-end smartphones.
3. DigiTimes claims a 7 inch Amazon tablet PC will start shipping in October. Amazon will then follow with a larger 10.1 inch in the first quarter of 2012.
Boy Genius Reports the “entry” level Amazon tablet, codenamed “Coyote” will be based on the NVIDIA Tegra 2 platform. The big boy? That’s codenamed “Hollywood” and will be based on the NVIDIA T30 “Kal-El” which will bring a screaming quad-core processor with a 500% performance increase over the dual-core Tegra 2.
Forrester’s Sarah Epps, speculated that the Amazon tablet could come with a $299 price tag in the US.
The new Kal-El Nvidia quad-core chip is capable of displaying 1440p video on a 2,560×1,600 pixel display. Nvidia also claimed the chips can help deliver up to 12 hours of battery life.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.