* Rogers noted he would own the U.S. dollar, or the Swiss Franc, or agriculture.
* China is doing their best to cool things off … I expect them to continue to do it, and that is causing more slowdown around the world.
* “At least in 2008 there was the possibility that the governments could bail us out. Now, of course, the governments have gotten deep, deep, deep into debt themselves,” he added. “Everybody is in much worse shape.”
The Chinese yuan (CYB) is probably the best safe-haven currency now, he added. The dollar is probably also a good bet in the short-term, but the “absolute worse” over the longer-term, said Rogers.
Last month, he said that stocks weren’t a good play generally and that a “supercycle” in commodities will last longer than any previous bull market of its kind. He believes commodities have another 20-25 years of upside left to run.
* right now China is trying to get the Europeans to let them open up the trade with China more. The Europeans are saying no, so China is saying, ‘No, we won’t bail you out.'”
* “I hope the trade war doesn’t break out” because throughout history when it does it has “caused depressions,” Rogers added. “You saw what happened in the 1930s. It led to depression and it also led to war. So I hope it can be contained.”
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.