IOwa State identified the behaviors of people who live a longer life
1. It takes a village (and a family, some money, and a care facility). You’ve got to have family, or community, or care facilities. And you also need economic support — the financial resources to last into very late life.
2. Individual characteristics. If you have right mix of characteristics then you could have a big advantage. Gender, ethnicity, and personality.
3. You need good coping skills, be an active person and do things to keep your mind active.
4. Make a habit of eating right and exercising. This is especially important when you get older and start getting physical impairments like poor eyesight or joint, leg and back problems. It goes back to coping and persisting even when there are obstacles.
5. Do what it takes to stay healthy. You can take responsibility and maintain courage and persistence to do whatever it takes to stay healthy.
6. Stay positive with good mental health. If you are having trouble staying positive and you are under the age of sixty, then you have to get on top of that and get it fixed so you are ready when you are even older.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.