1. MAGNONICS aims to realise, on one hand, new nanotechnologies and, on the other hand, a new class of metamaterials, i.e., magnonic metamaterials, and thereby to prove the concept of magnonics. In other words, the consortium aims to explore metamaterials that can be viewed as obtained by integration of magnetic materials into conventional metamaterial structures and by a full exploitation of scientific and technological opportunities resulting from the tailored magnonic band spectrum.
This project produces exploitable intellectual property concerning:
* Top-down and bottom-up nanotechnologies for fabrication of periodic magnetic nanostructures.
* Advanced experimental and theoretical techniques for characterisation of magnonic and electromagnetic properties of magnonic metamaterials.
* Functional nanomaterials for and concepts of non-volatile logic architectures and devices for microwave signal processing.
2. The objective of METACHEM is to use the extreme versatility of nanochemistry to design and manufacture bulk metamaterials exhibiting nonconventional electromagnetic properties in the range of visible light. This spectral domain requires nano-scale patterns, typically around 50 nm in size or less.
3. The NANOGOLD project aims at evaluating the potential of metallic nanoparticles (NPs) for the bottom-up fabrication of optical metamaterials, from design to fabrication. “e objective is to use electromagnetic effects (i.e plasmon resonance in metal particles, interference in layers, and scattering of clusters) on different length scales to create materials with non-conventional electromagnetic properties.
4. The aim of NIM_NIL was the development of a production process for 3D Negative Index Materials (NIMs) in the visible regime combining UV based nanoimprint lithography (UV-NIL) on wafer scale using the new material graphene and innovative geometrical designs.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.