* Life-extension in biology may increase the fragility of our species & civilization… More people? – Resources. Less births? – Fewer novel perspectives. Expansion? – Environmental limitation.
* Biological life-extension within the same evolutionary niche = further specialization to the same performance “over-training” in conflict with generalization
* Significant biological life-extension incredibly difficult and beset by threats.
* Life-extension and Substrate-Independence are two different objectives
* Developing out of a “catchment area” (S.Gildert) may demand iterations of exploration – and exploration involves risk.Hard-wired delusions and drives. What wouldan AGI do? Which types of AGI would exist in the long run?
* “Uploading” is just one step of many – but a necessary step – for a truly advanced species
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.