Dr. Hearn give an overview of his program – Optimization and Discrete Mathematics at the AFOSR (Air Force) Spring Review 2012.
– Discusses the cutting edge of optimization
– 25% of all scientific programming is spent on linear programming problems
– metamaterial design
– Describes the value of the travelling salesman problem and how they can take two local optima and make the move the next local optima (using non-quantum systems. Just secret math).
– Cracking or making a dent on travelling salesman problems means progress on all NP-complete problems.
– Band gap optimization
– photonic materials and crystalline structures
– circuit design
– improve drugs and manufacturing
Proposed photonic materials that we cannot currently make. Might need molecular nanotech
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.