* Super-light rope technology
* Carbon fiber core and special high-friction coating
* Tested under extreme conditions
* lasts twice as long before needing replacement versus traditional cable
* 60% reduction in moving masses for an elevator with a travel height of 500 meters
* 15% reduction in energy consumption for an elevator with a travel height of 500 meters
* When elevator travel heights increase in the future, further reductions can be achieved. An elevator with a travel height of 800 meters, moving masses can be reduced by 90% and energy consumption by 45%.
* The higher the building, the bigger the benefits of ultrarope
It can enable travel heights of up to 1000 meter — twice as high as what is possible with today’s technology.
This groundbreaking technology will also support the design of more sustainable, higher-performance buildings that are better equipped to meet the demands of the urban environments of tomorrow.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.