A video interview with Robert Godes and Robert George from Brillouin Energy starts at around the 30:00 minute mark. The audio at the beginning of the video is messed up, but it gets fixed.
On the Brillouin Energy website they announced that Brillouin has entered into its first international licensing agreement covering three nations and is involved in on-going negotiations for other potential international partners. The Brillouin revenue model is fee based. The plan centers on a strategy of global licensing and royalties. Qualified manufacturing firms would pay annual license fees and a percentage of sales on products using the technology.
At 44:45 onwards Robert George says “Robert [Godes] has had scientists out from engineers from the Naval Research Lab and from Google. They’ve had their gamma detectors there, we’ve checked for all types of radiation”
They also indicate:
* patent attorneys are accepting equity in lieu of their fees
* 3.1 COP and viability in the Japanese Market because of the high cost of Natural Gas.
• The Sunrise offer would purchase 15% of BEC post-money, conditional on BEC moving ahead with and completing successful testing of its NHB
• Sunrise offer is also conditional on Brillouin striking preliminary agreement to acquire at least one “stranded asset” conventional fuel source small scale (5-10MW) Power Plant, with existing conventional co-gen equipment, and replacing (retrofitting) old fuel source with Brillouin’s hot tube NHB
• Key expert affiliates of Sunrise, including former Director of the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)’s independent power division, have already provided potential acquisition candidates, available for negligible cost, with power contracts already in place
• Upon successful testing of NHB
Nextbigfuture has not heard of successful testing at SRI.
Wired UK had a summary of the cold fusion field back in Sept 2012. I do not think that there have been any major positive developments with Rossi or Defkalion since that time.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.