The AirBeam is a proprietary technology originally developed for aerodynamic structures then applied to military shelters and a wide range of other structures relevant to aerospace applications.
Potential Inflatable AirBeam Aerospace Applications
– Hypersonic and Supersonic inflatable decelerators
– Inflatable Wings
– Subsonic Stabilizers
– Orbital habitat truss-work and connecting structures and tunnels
– Articulating booms for non-cooperative object capture (e.g.; spacecraft, asteroids, space debris, etc.)
– Lunar/planetary shelters and habitats
– Connecting structures (e.g.; tunnels between habitats)
– Shelters, construction gantry’s, bridges, etc
– Liquid and gas storage containers
This kind of system could be used for rapid deployment of a cover (to localize any radioactive materials) over parts of a nuclear facility that was having an accident like at Fukushima
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.