Talk Polywell has the slides for Jaeyoung Park talk on Energy Matter Conversion Corporation (EMC2) research results Bussard developed this EMC2 fusion design before his death.
• Time resolved hard x-ray measurement provide the first ever direct and definitive confirmation of enhanced plasma confinement in high β cusp, a theoretical conjecture made by Grad and his team in 1950s.
• The enhanced electron confinement in high β cusp allows the Polywell fusion concept to move forward to complete the proof-of-principle test.
• If proven, Polywell device may become an attractive fusion reactor due to the following attributes
– stable high pressure operation from cusp
– good electron confinement by high β cusp
– ion acceleration and confinement by electric fusion
Polywell will not work with a charged Magrid. This was proven by Dr. Park and is currently being overlooked by analysts.
The actual key to viability is in the start-up cycle and having the ability to drive the potential well. WB proof was the key to considering adequate well depth. The next phase of testing would pursue investigation of adequate well depth.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.