Sometime in the early 2020s the Navy will start deploying unmanned, underwater pods where robots can recharge undetected — and securely upload the intelligence they’ve gathered to Navy networks.
The Office of Naval Research calls them FDECO. (Forward-Deployed Energy and Communications Outpost).
The utility of this plan can be seen by the usefulness of gas stations to enable cars to travel freely around countries and for the fast charging network being built by Tesla (Elon Musk Electric car company).
Current Active INPs:
* Electromagnetic Railgun (EMRG)
* Integrated Topside (INTOP)
* Autonomous Aerial Cargo Unmanned System (AACUS)
* Large Displacement Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (LDUUV)
* Netted Emulation of Multi Element Signatures Against Integrated Sensors (NEMESIS)
FY16 New Start INPs
* Electromagnetic Maneuver and Control Capability (EMC2);
* Forward Deployed Energy and Communications Outpost (FDECO)
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.