Intel Corporation introduced the 6th Generation Intel® Core
There are over 500 million computers in use today that are four to five years old or older. They are slow to wake, their batteries don’t last long, and they can’t take advantage of all the new experiences available today.
Built on the new Skylake microarchitecture on Intel’s leading 14nm manufacturing process technology,
– 6th Gen Intel Core processors deliver up to two and a half times better performance,
– triple the battery life, and
– graphics that are 30 times better for seamless and smooth gaming and video experiences versus the average 5-year-old computer.
– They can also be half as thin and half the weight,
– have faster wake up time, and
– battery life that lasts virtually all day
* 6th Gen Intel® Core
* 6th Gen Intel Core processors have been optimized to best run Windows* 10, enabling new experiences, removing computing pain points and providing more secure computing.
* 6th Gen Intel Core processor family is the most scalable ever for consumers and businesses, enabling the broadest range of designs from the smallest Intel® Compute Stick and All-in-One desktops, to 2 in 1s, notebooks and the first-ever Intel® Xeon® processor for mobile workstations.
This new generation of Intel processors also includes several firsts for mobile designs: a mobile “K” SKU that is unlocked to enable overclocking with even more user control, a new quad-core Intel® Core
In addition, the 6th Gen Intel Core and Intel Xeon platforms will offer a variety of new features and experiences. More devices will feature Thunderbolt
The 6th Gen Intel Core platform will also advance Intel’s “no wires” initiative to deliver the best experience for wireless display available today with Intel® WiDi or Pro WiDi. This technology allows people to easily share from their computer to a TV, monitor or projector without the mess of wires and dongles.
The 6th Gen Intel Core processor family helps optimize Windows* 10 features such as Cortana* and Windows Hello* for more seamless and natural interaction with technology.
Devices with the Intel RealSense Camera paired with Windows Hello let people securely log in using facial recognition. True Key
SOURCES – Intel
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.