Amazon will launch its new in-home delivery service as of November 8. There, customers who purchase an Amazon Cloud Cam, own a compatible smart lock, and download the accompanying Amazon Key app can grant access for in-home deliveries—and watch the drop-offs live, remotely.
Not at home? Not a problem.
As a Prime member, get your Amazon packages securely delivered just inside your front door. Plus, grant access to the people you trust, like your family, friends, dog walker, or house cleaner – no more leaving a key under the mat.
Amazon Key is exclusive to Prime members in select cities and surrounding areas. To get started, purchase the Amazon Key In-Home Kit, starting at $249.99. The kit includes: the Amazon Cloud Cam (Key Edition) indoor security camera and a compatible smart lock from Kwikset or Yale.
* Cloud Cam works with Amazon Key In-Home Delivery and Access, exclusively for Prime members in select cities and surrounding areas. An Amazon Key-compatible smart lock is required to activate Amazon Key.
* Visual verification – With Amazon Key, watch your delivery happening live or view a video clip of it later.
* 24/7 monitoring – Check in on your front door any time in 1080p Full HD. Or use the Cloud Cam App to watch the last 24 hours of motion activated video clips for free.
* Notifications – Get notified when Cloud Cam sees activity at your front door with the Cloud Cam App.
See clearly in the dark – Night vision lets you detect what’s happening around the clock.
* Two-way audio – Check in with the family or tell your dog to stop barking at the front door.
* 30 day free trial – Get advanced features like person detection, Zones, and more storage–plus download and share clips with a Cloud Cam subscription
Amazon’s doing what it can to ensure that strangers don’t game its system.
Safety steps : At no time does a password exchange hands.
The day of your delivery you get a four-hour window to expect your package. Amazon confirms that the assigned driver is at the correct address at the intended time through an encrypted authentication process—scanning the package barcode bounces a request to the cloud, where software checks that the time, place, and package all line up. Amazon sends you a notification that delivery is imminent. The Cloud Cam kicks in, the door unlocks, and you can watch either in real-time or check back .