A survey of 104 health facilities in Venezuela, commissioned by the opposition-controlled National Assembly, describes the huge problems with health care in Venezuela.
* 79% of them had no running water at all.
* 14% of intensive care units have been shut down
* 25% of pediatric ICUs have been shut
* most open ICUs have intermittent failures due to a lack of supplies
* In early 2017, data for 2015-2016 showed pregnancy-related deaths rose 66% and 11,466 infants died — a 30% increase.
* for many open facilities patients are expected to bring any medicine or supplies needed for their treatment themselves. They have to buy the drugs on the black market
* A day in a private ICU can cost between $130 and $216 at the current exchange rate. Giving birth can cost anywhere between $75 and $200, depending on the clinic. Minimum wage in Venezuela is about $1.50 a month, and residents receive an additional $4 in government-issued food stamps.
The Venezuelan government tweeted out photos that they claim is of a renovated surgery room. But the staged photos show no patients in the rooms or at the facility.
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.