* 79% of them had no running water at all.
* 14% of intensive care units have been shut down
* 25% of pediatric ICUs have been shut
* most open ICUs have intermittent failures due to a lack of supplies
* In early 2017, data for 2015-2016 showed pregnancy-related deaths rose 66% and 11,466 infants died — a 30% increase.
* for many open facilities patients are expected to bring any medicine or supplies needed for their treatment themselves. They have to buy the drugs on the black market
* A day in a private ICU can cost between $130 and $216 at the current exchange rate. Giving birth can cost anywhere between $75 and $200, depending on the clinic. Minimum wage in Venezuela is about $1.50 a month, and residents receive an additional $4 in government-issued food stamps.
The Venezuelan government tweeted out photos that they claim is of a renovated surgery room. But the staged photos show no patients in the rooms or at the facility.
DISTRITO CAPITAL | En el Centro de Alta Tecnología Andrés Bello se rehabilita quirófano de oftalmología, mamografía, endoscopia, Rayos X para atención médica habitantes de El Recreo @NicolasMaduro #ElPetroFuturoDeTodos pic.twitter.com/HuUycUJNM7
— Luis López (@LuisLopezPSUV) March 19, 2018
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.