1. Universe Today – The DARKNESS Instrument Will Block Stars and Reveal Their Planets. 100 Million Times Fainter than the Star
An international team led by UC Santa Barbara physicist Benjamin Mazin has developed a new instrument known as DARKNESS. This superconducting camera, which is the world’s largest and most sophisticated, will allow astronomers to detect planets around nearby stars.
The team’s study which details their instrument, titled “DARKNESS: A Microwave Kinetic Inductance Detector Integral Field Spectrograph for High-contrast Astronomy“, recently appeared in the Publications of the Astronomy Society of the Pacific. The team was led by Benjamin Mazin, the Worster Chair in Experimental Physics at UCSB, and also includes members from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the California Institute of Technology, the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, and multiple universities.
2. NextBigCoins.io – NASA using blockchain tech to improve space communications
3. Universe Today – Did You Know the Earth Has a Second Magnetic Field? Its Oceans
4. Universe Today – The Challenges of an Alien Spaceflight Program: Escaping Super Earths and Red Dwarf Stars
5. The Hill – Winners and losers from Jim Bridenstine’s confirmation as NASA administrator
6. Blasting News – Is NASA’s Jim Bridenstine a ‘climate denier’ and does it matter?
7. CosmoQuest – Register Now to Attend ASP2018 in Sonoma
8. CosmoQuest – StanDrawsSpaceships talks CosmoQuest, and Why We Map Craters!
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.