Horne Technologies is developing an inertial electrostatic nuclear fusion system. They claim to have the world’s first superconducting, high-beta plasma research device in operation. They have 10 years research and development of fusion technologies. They have the first use of advanced REBCO superconducting wire in a plasma containment device. They have designed a record-breaking capable hybrid reactor.
– Superconducting REBCO coils capable of 0.5T ea.
– Operating pressure 1.0×10^-8 to 1 Torr
– Pumped liquid nitrogen cryogenic cooling
– Simple heating and measurement system
– 3A current injection
The path forward is simple:
– Scale up technology
– Demonstrate the world’s most efficient device
– Calculate scale for break-even
– Build a full scale, power producing device
The second generation device will have
– Improved coil structure
– Liquid helium cooling
– Advanced plasma diagnostics
– Mitigation of the ion-ion thermalization loss mechanism
– Validation of all required technologies
– Final proof of concept
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.