In the rankings of 2017 GDP released in early July, China remains the world’s second-largest economy with $12.24 trillion, compared with $19.39 trillion for the US. The figure previously stood at $11.20 trillion and $18.57 trillion in 2016.
India replaced France as the world’s sixth-largest economy, with a GDP amounting to $2.60 trillion, while France’s figure was $2.58 trillion in 2017.
World Bank 2017 GDP
1. US | GDP in 2017 $19.390 trillion
2. China | GDP in 2017 - $12.237 trillion
3. Japan | GDP in 2017 - $4.872 trillion
4. Germany | GDP in 2017 - $3.677 trillion
5. UK | GDP in 2017 - $2.622 trillion
6. India | GDP in 2017 $2.597 trillion
7. France | GDP in 2017 $2.582 trillion
8. Brazil | GDP as of 2017 - $2.055 trillion
9. Italy | GDP in 2017 - $1.934 trillion
10. Canada | GDP in 2017 - $1.653 trillion
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.