France has approved 13.4 billion euros [USD15.6 billion] of investment into five new high-speed rail TGV lines. They will make the buildout over the next five years. This is an increase of 40% over the previous five-year high-speed rail budget.
The Five new lines are
* Bordeaux-Toulouse axis, the two stations of the two regional metropolises will be enlarged in the first place to accommodate more passengers and more trains.
* Montpellier-Perpignan line on the Montpellier-Béziers section
* Marseille-Nice line, first phase Marseille-Aubagne must be launched completed by the section between Cannes and Nice.
* Paris-Le Havre line is the extension of the St Lazare station. It is a preliminary site and will be followed by the Paris-Mantes and Mantes-Rouen sections.
* Roissy-Picardie section will open a new access to Ile-de-France to the south of the Hauts-de-France region. Users will be able to reach Paris Roissy-Charles de Gaulle train station from Chantilly, Creil, Pont-Sainte-Maxence, Clermont, Compiègne (Oise) and Amiens (Somme) without any connection.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.