* MTR and the mainland’s intercity harmony train – 3 hours 41 minutes, cost: HK$141 (USD18)
* airplane MTR and taxi — 3 hours 43 minutes. Cost: HK$1,841.60 (USD236)
* Kowloon-Canton intercity through-train. 3 hours 44 minutes, Total cost: HK$268 (USD34)
* cross-border bus 4 hours, HK$114.90 (USD15)
* bus and taxi. 4 hours 10 minutes, cost: HK$674.08 (USD86)
* high-speed train with stops, 3 hours 28 minutes, cost: HK$369 (USD47)
* high-speed train without stops, can be a few minutes faster
The high-speed rail was the fastest by 13 to 43 minutes versus other modes. There are time factors depending upon where you start from in Hong Kong and where you are going in Guangzhou.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.