The goal of Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering, Mike Griffin, is making megawatt lasers, hypersonic weapons and directed energy weapons.
* megawatt lasers in space for space control
* 75 kilowatts on top of the Stryker armored vehicles
* 100 kilowatts on the Littoral Combat Ship
* a couple of hundred kilowatts on a KC-46 next-generation tanker so that it can self-defend
* high-powered microwaves to shut down electronics
* microwave emitters can be placed onto missiles or drones to get close to destroy key electronics
* microwave emitter with tens of kilowatts of power might be the best anti-satellite weapon we’ll ever have and could also be on missiles to counter hypersonic weapons
* hypersonic weapons will have to be destroyed at launch points
Artificial Intelligence is widely applicable. The Joint AI Center is not a research center but an applications center. Directed Energy weapons are still a research effort.
SOURCES- Booz Allen Directed Energy Summit, Breaking Defense
Written By Brian Wang. Nextbigfuture.com
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.