Elon Musk had an interview today with Ron Baron.
Here are some highlights:
* Elon confirms that Tesla will make a lower priced car. Based on previous statements, this will likely be a China designed $20k-35k smaller EV vehicle. This would likely also be a human driven and robotaxi platform
* Elon repeated his expectation that Robotaxi will make vehicles 5 times more valuable by driving five times more.
* Teslabot development will be successful and will replace human labor.
* Ron Baron notes that Tesla spends $7 billion to make each Gigafactory and they each produce $15 billion per year in vehicles when fully ramped.
* A fully and rapidly reusable rocket will be transformational and will enable humanity to become multiplanetary.
00:01 Intro and Elon’s age
01:17 Why Still working
06:15 Next Tesla Cars
08:45 Tesla Manufacturing
14:00 Elon Living in the Factory and Working when Rich
19:00 ELons Memory
19:40 Starship and the Moon
27:27 Motivation for being a multiplanetary species
31:50 Twitter Price
33:30 Meta, Tick Tock, Twitter advantage
41:45 New work load with twitter, Twitter new management and twitter potential
47:35 Tesla Delivery Wave and Q3
49:25 Tesla Mining and Glencore
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.