Elon Musk had a twitter space which talked about how great FSD 12 is. FSD 12 drove nearly flawlessly and it was a completely neural net version of the FSD software. (Full self driving).
However, Elon Musk said things that were bullish for Nvidia and AI.
* the world will be compute constrained for a while
* Elon has previously said that Tesla would have 100 exaflops of AI training compute by the end of 2024
* all data centers will be AI centers
* What percentage of energy will be AI and neural nets over time it will become 80-90%
* there is room for Tesla Dojo and Nvidia
* there will be a shortage of AI silicon this year
* next year there will be shortage of electricity transformers.
* there will then be a shortage of electricity
* the compute needs to be in one place
* there is also a shortage of Infiniband networking
* standing up 10,000 Nvidia H100 is very hard
Tesla plans to scale its capacity from 14,000 Nvidia A100 chips to the equivalent of 300,000 of the same chips by the end of 2024.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.