The agenda of the IEC 2009 conference has links to the presentations
Dynamic Electron Injections for Improved IEC-POPS Operation [ ppt ]
IEC computer simulation: Two-dimensional (2d) Particle-in-cell (PIC) Simulation of Polywell
• DD fueled Polywell will be smaller than ITER.
• Wiffleball effect is needed but remains to be seen.
• Neutral gas fuel must be tightly localized to control ions first-pass energy.
• Engineering design of the gas handling system will be challenging.
• Polywell remains a prime contender to solve the world’s energy crisis.
Future Goals of IEC at the University of Wisconson
* Understand & extend performance of the SIGFE 6 ion-gun device.
* Inject D, 3He into SIGFE at high energies to study D3He fusion.
* Demonstrate Differential Die Away (DDA) technique with DD fuel.
* Increase 3He3He fusion rates in HELIOS.
* Compare the experimental results to code predictions of the energy & spatial distribution of DD fusion events in an IEC device.
* Understand the effect of He on the morphology of tungsten IEC cathode grids.
* Measure the current densities & spatial profiles of negative ions emanating from the cathode region.
Wang is a prolific business-oriented writer of emerging and disruptive technologies. He is known for insightful articles that combine business and technical analysis that catches the attention of the general public and is also useful for those in the industries. He is the sole author and writer of nextbigfuture.com
, the top online science blog. He is also involved in angel investing and raising funds for breakthrough technology startup companies.
He gave the recent keynote presentation at Monte Jade event with a talk entitled the Future for You. He gave an annual update on molecular nanotechnology at Singularity University on nanotechnology, gave a TEDX talk on energy, and advises USC ASTE 527 (advanced space projects program). He has been interviewed for radio, professional organizations. podcasts and corporate events. He was recently interviewed by the radio program Steel on Steel on satellites and high altitude balloons that will track all movement in many parts of the USA.
He fundraises for various high impact technology companies and has worked in computer technology, insurance, healthcare and with corporate finance.
He has substantial familiarity with a broad range of breakthrough technologies like age reversal and antiaging, quantum computers, artificial intelligence, ocean tech, agtech, nuclear fission, advanced nuclear fission, space propulsion, satellites, imaging, molecular nanotechnology, biotechnology, medicine, blockchain, crypto and many other areas.