* Could replace costly ingot processed forgings
– Eliminates yield loss associated with ingot forging
– Greater than 50% cost reduction predicted from yield savings alone
* Unique properties are developed during sintering of TiH2
– High density –critical to fatigue initiation
– Fine-grain size –import to reduce fatigue crack propagation
* Cummins Inc. has identified a relevant application using the Ti6Al4V alloy and provided the requirements to adequately assess the performance of the press/sinter/forged bars produced from TiH2
Test bars are to be fabricated at the commercialization partner of the DOE/GIPP project, ADMA Products Inc. ADMA has been producing approximately 35,000 lbs of TiH2powder per year in the Ukraine.