Market Study E-Mobility by Castellan AG (43 pages)
* Prices for electric vehicles will decrease by 30% over the next couple of years
* Leading consultancies expect electric vehicles to have a market share of up to 10% by 2020, accordingly in 2020 10 million E-cars will be sold
* Germany’s government conservatively expects 1 million E-cars to be sold by 2020 in Germany, consultancies and other institutions consider multiples of this number to be more likely
* The market for E-Bikes is growing even faster than the market for E-‐cars
* China has been a pioneer with more than 100 million E-‐bikes sold, but Europe is projected to have a stock of more than 60 million E-‐bikes by 2020
IEA Technological roadmap to Plug in Hybrid vehicles (52 pages)
A 20 page study of electric bikes, scooters, trucks and buses.
• The global market for electric motorcycles and scooters and bikes is expected to grow 42% per year to reach 138.0 million vehicles by 2017
• China will dominate this market with 82.1 million e-scooters (and e-bikes) and 15.2 million e-motorcycles
Electric motorcycles and scooters
Leading companies making Electric motorcycles and scooters are in the chart below
1. Zero Motorcycles
2. Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.