Tilera Corporation, the leader in manycore general purpose microprocessors, today unveiled the TILE-Gx™ 3000 processor family specifically designed for today’s most common cloud computing applications. Co-developed with some of the world’s largest Internet brands, the TILE-Gx 3000 processors are optimized for cloud datacenters. The family delivers a 10-fold performance-per-watt advantage over Intel’s SandyBridge processor family by supplying an unprecedented reduction in total system power consumption and footprint, and provides an estimated 50 percent reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO).
* Slashes power with each core consuming less than 0.5 watts
The TILE-Gx 3000 series processors target scale-out datacenters running throughput-oriented applications including:
* Web applications, which need high throughput processing and low latency.
* Database applications like NoSQL and in-memory databases, which require high-memory throughput and storage.
* Data mining applications like Hadoop that rely on high disk throughput and data processing.
* Video transcoding, which necessitates throughput processing.
The TILE-Gx 3000 series was developed using the 40 nanometer TSMC fabrication process. Each core features a powerful three-issue, 64-bit ALU with an advanced virtual memory system. Each core includes 32 kilobytes (kB) of L1 I-cache, 32 kB of L1 D-cache and 256 kB L2 cache, with up to 32 megabytes L3 coherent cache across the device. Processor utilization is optimized using advanced memory stripping that utilizes up to 4 integrated 72-bit DDR3 memory controllers that support up to one terabyte (TB) total capacity. The TILE-Gx 3000 series integrates smart NIC hardware for preprocessing, load balancing, and buffer management of incoming traffic.
General Purpose Software:
The TILE-Gx 3000 family was designed to handle all of the most common 64-bit cloud applications. The TILE architecture is supported with the latest Linux release (2.6.36) enabling users to get their Linux-based applications up and running easily.
* CentOS compatible with support for 2,000+ standard RPM packages
* Standard tool chain including Gcc, G++ , Gdb, Gprof, OProfile, perf event, Mudflap, Eclipse
* Full support of standard languages including ANSI C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python
* Advanced programming frameworks including Erlang, TBB, open MP
* Standard management protocols including IPMI 2.0, SNMP, Syslog, Telnet, SSH, TFTP, FTP, SCP