Tilera, the leader in 64-bit manycore general-purpose processors today announced the TILE-Gx72
In less than a year from the launch of its market-leading TILE-Gx36
The TILE-Gx72 is ideally suited for compute and I/O-intensive applications including:
* L2-7 networking and firewall appliances
* High throughput SDN (Software Defined Network) computing
* Network monitoring and analytics with 100% line-rate packet capture at 100 Gbps
* Layer 7 Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) at over 50 Gbps
* Compute offload NIC (Network Interface Card)
* Intrusion prevention and detection (IPS/IDS) at over 20 Gbps
* “Big Data” transaction processing at over 4 million transactions per second
* Streaming video server/content delivery networking offering 50 Gbps HTTP streaming
* HD video conferencing with dozens of H.264 1080p encode/decode channels
TILE-Gx72 Technical Highlights
The TILE-Gx72 is a full System-On-a-Chip (SoC), integrating a broad set of I/O’s and memory controllers to reduce system cost and save on printed circuit board area.
* 72 64-bit processor cores– Powerful three-issue cores, designed for ultra-high power efficiency. Each processor core integrates L1 and L2 caches and supports virtual memory and multiple privilege levels
* 23 Mbytes of on-chip cache– Distributed coherent L3 cache with ECC protection and Tilera’s patented DDC
* Extensive integrated I/O:
* Eight 10Gbps Ethernet ports, configurable as 32 1Gbps ports
* Six PCI Express ports with 24 lanes of SerDes
* Four on-board DDR3 memory controllers delivering more than 475 Gbps (60 GB/s) of bandwidth and supporting up to 1 TB of attached memory
* More than 40Gbps of crypto acceleration– MiCA
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.