From basic labor-saving tasks like heavy lifting, to more intricate processes like welding and joining, it multiplies individual effectiveness and adds leverage to human capabilities.
Commercial & Industrial Applications
Creating new possibilities in industries such as nuclear reactor inspection and maintenance, petroleum, construction, and heavy equipment manufacturing.
* Handles heavy materials, including sheet metal, for metal fabrication and ship building
* Can weld, grind, cut and apply protective coatings
* Performs placement functions of high-weight components in aid of logistics
* Can be remotely tele-operated for nuclear reactor inspection and maintenance
* Provides benefits in the petroleum, construction and heavy equipment manufacturing industries
First Responder & Logistics Applications
Revolutionizing palletizing and de-palletizing, loading and unloading supplies, shipboard and in-field logistics, erecting temporary shelters, equipment repairs, and more.
* Palletizes and de-palletizes
* Loads and unloads supplies
* Shipboard and in-field logistics
* Erects temporary shelters
* Repairs equipment
Disaster Recovery & Humanitarian Applications
Saving lives by assisting humans in disaster recovery and other forms of humanitarian assistance, such as Med-Evac and moving rocks and debris in a controlled manner.
* Provides humanitarian assistance when disaster strikes
* Safely moves heavy rocks and debris in a controlled manner
* Assists with Med-Evac
The Guardian GT dual-armed system lifts payloads up to 454 kilograms, or 1,000 lbs (227 kg, or 500 lbs, in each arm).
Some tasks will take minutes instead of needing teams of workers hours or days to complete.
They have a snake like robot
They will soon have an exoskeleton to boost industrial productivity.
To fully leverage robotics, the processes will have to be completely redesigned. Broad Group is not using robotics but has the fastest skyscraper construction.
Tesla is constantly reinventing its robotic factory for electric car construction.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.