Highlights from Schmidt –
* The rise of China will be the big news for the rest of our lives… in an economic, cultural, structural sense.
* China’s artificial intelligence machine-learning policy
– behind right now,
– catch up by 2020
– get ahead by 2025
– dominate by 2030
Applying tens of billions of dollars and mobilizing about ten times the number of tech educated grads
* For the next five years, AI will enhance human roles. Like AI+ doctor for better diagnosis. In 10-15 years, AI will assist with answering difficult and deep problem analysis.
* AI will use large data sets
* One is the development of quantum computing and how that changes everything [in regards to security].
* Implications are big for robotic-AI autonomy