Highlights from Schmidt –
* The rise of China will be the big news for the rest of our lives… in an economic, cultural, structural sense.
* China’s artificial intelligence machine-learning policy
– behind right now,
– catch up by 2020
– get ahead by 2025
– dominate by 2030
Applying tens of billions of dollars and mobilizing about ten times the number of tech educated grads
* For the next five years, AI will enhance human roles. Like AI+ doctor for better diagnosis. In 10-15 years, AI will assist with answering difficult and deep problem analysis.
* AI will use large data sets
* One is the development of quantum computing and how that changes everything [in regards to security].
* Implications are big for robotic-AI autonomy
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.