* smartphones will rise from being 15 percent of all handsets in the first quarter of 2009 to 19 percent in the last quarter of this year. By 2015 they could represent more than 30 percent of all cellphone sales.
* Nokia leads the smartphone market with sales of about 45 million handsets in the first half of 2010, twice its nearest competitor
iSupply forecasts that Google Android will be used in 75 million smartphones by 2012, up from 5 million in 2009
* Apple iPhone iOS usage is forecast to be 62 million in 2012, up from 25 million in 2009
* By 2012, Android will have a 19.4 percent share of the smartphone market, up from 2.7 percent in 2009
* Apple’s iOS will be in 15.9 percent of smartphones in 2012, up from 13.8 percent in 2009
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on Reddit, or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.