* Apple is stating battery life has increased to 8 hours.
* iPhone 4S has a brand new antenna system where the phone will “intelligently switch between two antennas” to offer up even better call quality.
* Data speeds are increased by almost 2x, now capable of upwards of 14Mbps.
* iPhone 4S is a worldphone, working on multiple carriers and networks globally.
* An 8 megapixel camera can been dropped into the new iPhone 4S, offering up 60% more pixels, with a CMOS backside illuminated sensor, offering a staggering 73% more light than the iPhone 4 sensor, and it’s 33% faster.
* It has face detection, a 2-3x increase in photo capture time over competitor’s smartphones, the iPhone 4S will take 1080p HD video with image stabilization in real-time.
* Apple is including the ability to use AirPlay Mirroring right on the iPhone 4S in addition to the iPad 2 which already supports this feature.
* iPhone 4S has Siri, a personal voice assistant for your phone, and a voice dictation feature that lets you talk to the phone which will transcribe your spoken voice to text in any text field where there is a keyboard.
The iPhone 4S will be available starting October 14th with preorders starting October 7th for the U.S., Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Japan. Sprint will be getting the iPhone and they only paid $20 billion in guaranteed sales over four years.
Brian Wang is a Futurist Thought Leader and a popular Science blogger with 1 million readers per month. His blog Nextbigfuture.com is ranked #1 Science News Blog. It covers many disruptive technology and trends including Space, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Medicine, Anti-aging Biotechnology, and Nanotechnology.
Known for identifying cutting edge technologies, he is currently a Co-Founder of a startup and fundraiser for high potential early-stage companies. He is the Head of Research for Allocations for deep technology investments and an Angel Investor at Space Angels.
A frequent speaker at corporations, he has been a TEDx speaker, a Singularity University speaker and guest at numerous interviews for radio and podcasts. He is open to public speaking and advising engagements.